Salary & Benefits

2024-2025 Base Salary


  • The University contributes 14.94% of your gross income into your retirement plan through either the Wyoming State Retirement Plan or TIAA/CREF, which is included in the total benefit package and is at no additional cost. An additional 3.68% will be deducted from Physician’s gross pay and paid into the retirement program of choice for a total of 18.62%.


  • Health/Medical Insurance with prescription drug coverage
  • Dental Insurance
  • Vision Insurance
  • Life Insurance
  • Long and Short-term Disability Insurance
  • Optional Additional Retirement Plan 403(b) and 457(b)
  • Flexible Benefit Plan
  • Workmen’s Compensation
  • Malpractice (Professional Liability)
  • Wellness Benefits
  • Domestic Partner Benefit
  • Emergency Ground & Air Ambulance Insurance (Employees pay a premium)
  • Vacation: 15 days per year
  • Sick Leave: 6 days per year
  • Reduced tuition fee at UW/Casper College for both fellow and spouse
  • The University pays the following: Travel Reimbursement, ABFM Geriatric Boards, Wyoming State License, Wyoming Controlled Substance, DEA License


  • American Geriatric Society
  • AMDA (Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Society)
  • Wyoming Medical Society
  • AAFP
  • AOA (Osteopathic Fellows Only)


  • American Geriatric Society Annual Scientific Meeting, and/or
  • AMDA (The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care) Annual Conference